Wyreside Fishery nr Preston

oldcommon

Hi - i live in Southport and have tried all the known venues here, trying to get into the 20's. javascript:emoticon(':cry:')Just wondering if anyone has experience of Wyreside (not the lakes) and if its a good water or slow/difficult. Ive tried Pendle View a few times and blanked every time so thought this might offer a better chance as its smaller?

Cheers for replies -oldcommon

hi old-common, i fished wyreside 1st-4th september on peg 1 had two fish to 16lb the weather was not brilliant but the lake has plenty of features to fish too,i saw 6 carp come out in the 3 days i was thier,its just a case of finding the carp the wind was changeable with sunshine and showers over the three days.the carp where crashing out all over the lake during the day and night.Im definately going back

i maybe able too give you one more tip and that is i first tried sweet boilees eg strawberry,pineapple and also the awesome CELL with not so much as a bite, i then went onto KG1 dumbells fished over matching pellets and starting getting liners and then the two carp fell to a simple inline 12inch rig both carp made straight for the lillies so make sure your lead comes free