pearl lake

• 4 weeks later...

Went ther last weekend. Fantastic looking lake! found out it's really a tench lake and they'd just stopped feeding. optimistic though. first picked a peg called Gravel for obvious reason. fished there the first afternoon until about 7pm, not a sausage! Next morning thought go back to same peg, afterall I had been prebaiting all the previous afternoon, still nothing! Towards the end the baliff came round Alan, very helpful pleasant guy, told me i was nowhere near the gravel its out to the right of the peg and there a lillte marker. aimee for this 2 hours nothing, apart from getting snagged and lost rig! Next morning tried a peg called suicide! aptly called as you want to commit it after nothing again for 5 hours. That night thought right give it another go, finallly a fish, 4 1/2 lb Tench in perfect condition. then nothing else after. Found that the local residents don't go down to fish until about 7:30pm and fish till about 11pm, however the rules state no fishing after Dusk, a litlle confused! Alan had said its a bit a guide, and he ahd no problems,but its more for the residents. Seems needed to go a month earlier when the fish were feeding. Of to local pool today, hopefully to make up for last week, then got a trip to Docklow next week end!! :)