Looking For Easy Lakes in (West) Yorkshire to get started

Hello all, I've been reading through the posts on all the threads and learning massive amounts. It's fantastic the amount of friendly, knowledgable people on here helping everyone else out.

As you can see - I'm a virgin poster but please don't let that put you off!

I've been coarse fishing for a bit and moved onto rivers a few months ago. Loving the freshwater stuff because I have always been a sea fisherman on holidays but live 100 miles from the coast!

Anyway, enough babble!

I'm new into Carp fishing and sit with people, learning their techniques and viewpoints while comparing them with my own thoughts and feel I have built up a nice grounding in carping theory. I have all the gear etc but I'm struggling to get my 1st carp! Had a few chub and bream on my ledger with a hair rig baited up with double 8mm crab pellets (dont ask how the bream took it?!?! Very surprised that i landed it, no idea it was there until i started bringing my line in steadily after I noticed it had slackened off!)

I am in West Yorks but can travel as far as York so anywhere within an hour really. I don't want one of these overstocked, poor fish condition lakes I've heard about (and am saddened by), it's quality not quantity for me. But somewhere that is fishing well, to give me rewards for the patience in setting up and presenting bait as Brookfoot lake in Brighouse is notoriously impossible for the new (and more experienced!) anglers.

I'd be really appreciative of any help I can get

ps I'll be using my baitrunner with 1oz pear ledger with a 12" hair rig (crab pellets/spam/boilie as bait) and a carp feeder with a BIG 5SSG waggler at 1-2' using hard 8mm pellets - I read up on this and sounds fun if you can get them going!

Thanks in advance

Ed

hi mate, dont know if its to far for you but borwick is a 9 lake comlpex with pools with dif size carp and a main lake with close to 40 pounders, its nr carnforth just north of lancaster, it has its own site www.borwick.co.uk which has all the details iv found it a great place it has all the amenities and is safe for knight fishing, hope this helps i struggle to find places myselfe in south cumbria