Swarkestone

I have been searching for ages on who runs this darn water. My husband used to fish it years ago and we are looking at joining again. Could anyone please give us any information. My husband knows it used ot be run by Sawd AC, and how difficult the water is and the size of carp, but can not find anything anywhere about who is running this water now. Everything we find says it's Derby AA but on their website it doesn't include this water. Any help would be appreciated and does anyone out there know if Paul Woods is still out there fishing it? Thanks

For all interested in Swarkestone Gravel Pits, after much digging and a lot of phone calls and emails, I have managed to find out the relavent information for anyone out there interested in this water.

Waters currently run by Sawdlincote Angling Club

The club sectretary is Jane Kirby

Contact phone number is 01283217600

Season ticket cost is £160

7 Waters total as of yet, unknown

Husband fished Swarkestone Gravel Pits for about 5 years, stocking density is small for the size of the water (aprox. 70 acres). Carp are difficult to locate but if found, relatively easy to catch. Not too sure of the maximum size of carp at present as all reports have pointed towards fish killed in 2007 flooding. Numbers present at the time my husband fished there were aprox 50 carp max up to just over 40 lbs. Water has a massive head of Bream and Tench, which absolutly love tiger nuts. If we can help anyone out with any more info shoot us a message. Thanks to all the people out there for your help Including Rob from cemexangling.co.uk. Looking forward to getting back there. Tight lines.