Jubilee Pools Ryton - Hows it fishing for you?

I have recently bought a ticket for Jubilee Pools Ryton on Dunsmore after recommendation. Been fishing it a couple of times a week for 6 weeks. The most if have had out is 2 fish in one day. A carp of 14.8 and one of 11.5.

Everytime i walk round and ask people how it's fishing, including the bailiff, i'm always told it's fishing really slow. Anyone had any better results this year or is it fishing really slowly in general.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Fished last night from about 4pm until closing at 9.30. Had 5 runs but only managed to land 2. One was a real old warrior of a tench that only had one eye. The other was a common just over the 15lb mark. Fished all my baits in the margins with a scattering of freebies(hemp and boilies).

Much better result!

also ryton country park is worth a go the original stock of old warriors has been backed up with a good head of carp that now run into double figures and plenty of tench theres a lovely fat 27lb common which was in the telegraph a couple of years ago that i wouldnt mind hooking into

• 1 month later...

I have had well over 400 carp out since April, mostly caught off the top with a spod and hooklink, me and Mark "Hutch" Hutchinson fished off the point(peg 19) about 3-4 weeks ago and caught 90 fish between us, (had 30 before 9am!!!) packed up at around 5pm, biggest was 18Ib 10oz, if you want to catch off the bottom then use small boilies(10mm) and fish tight to the island with a stocking, put plenty of spod in(pellets and boilies).

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Andy.