Going to Broadlands

Hi All

After a couple of years fishing a very difficult lake, Im fancying something alittle easier for one night. After considering Bradleys ive decided to do Broadlands one night this week.

Anybody got some good all round info on the place, im really interested in findiing out what the bottom is like

Guest andypalf

Lucky sod, I really like Broadlands but haven't had the time to get down there for a while. It's a gravel pit and that's what you'll find most of the lake is like. Have a search on the forum, there's a fiar bit of info on the place. Any advice I give would be over a year old and it sounds like the place has changed a bit over the last couple of years.

Crappercarper used to fish it as well, he may have some tips for you. Otherwise phone the lake, they're always keen to get people catching.

Guest andypalf

Well here's one tip that will avoid that. If you wake up after the night and you've not caught....head over to the lower lake with a kilo of pellts and a kilo of sweetcorn. Put a bed of bait down and you'll catch plenty mate, nothing big but you'll get a bend in your rod. The catch reports on the website are suggesting that it's very easy fishing there now.

m27 junction 2 :wink:

boilies over pellet work well, cast to showing fish, my favourite pegs are 29-33 in carp alley or by the inlet in the back bay.

ive found that they switch on an hour before dark till around 2am in the summer, ive never really had much early morning.

if its busy (which it will be) find somewhere quiet, you will probably have to walk a fair way as everyone mainly fish near the car parks so take a barrow.

good luck :D

Back from Broadlands and I........................................Blanked!!!!

Fished off peg 56, at the back of the lake, on the end of the wind. Everybody I spoke to was moaning that it was slow, I think very few fish came out.

Only plus is I had a screaming run from the edge of the back island but when I hit it there was nothing there, I think thats the first time ive ever missed a fish on the chod rig!!!!! FRUSTRATION