A12 / Cuton Lakes - Specimen Lake Two

A comprehensive, well-written review Steve.

I would comment on one aspect (or is it two?). The soil surrounding the complex is clay based and becomes very wet and "claggy" in inclement conditions. This makes access to the swims to the east (furthest from the A12) side by vehicle impossible at times in summer and almost permanently in winter. By the same token, the banks of some of the swims (whatever their position) can also become very uncomfortable to fish. I recall spending 24 hours on the venue in February walking around with 5lb of mud clinging to each boot!

I would comment on one aspect (or is it two?). The soil surrounding the complex is clay based and becomes very wet and "claggy" in inclement conditions. This makes access to the swims to the east (furthest from the A12) side by vehicle impossible at times in summer and almost permanently in winter. By the same token, the banks of some of the swims (whatever their position) can also become very uncomfortable to fish. I recall spending 24 hours on the venue in February walking around with 5lb of mud clinging to each boot!

And i can second that as i too fished with tryzard at the same time and must admit it does make you want to stay in your bivvie :lol: however it is a nice venue without a doubt .

And i can second that as i too fished with tryzard at the same time and must admit it does make you want to stay in your bivvie :lol: however it is a nice venue without a doubt .

Thanks guys. I did not know and had not thought of that.

I will update the review accordingly later today.

Many thanks again,

S

• 1 month later...

ive fished this lake quite abit in the past and had some brilliant results 10lb 02oz tench , and a 24hr session resulted in me landing 32 fish ..... ive not been there for some time and this report has made me try again :D:D thankyou for an amazing write up :D:)8):wink:

im going next weekend ill let you know how it goes ..... wish me luck :D:wink:

ive fished this lake quite abit in the past and had some brilliant results 10lb 02oz tench , and a 24hr session resulted in me landing 32 fish ..... ive not been there for some time and this report has made me try again :D:D thankyou for an amazing write up :D:)8):wink:

im going next weekend ill let you know how it goes ..... wish me luck :D:wink:

Good luck Micky.