grinner knot

leemason69

Trust me it`s a really easy knot to tie,can`t get thje link to work for some reason,otherwise I`d put a pic up.

i've got a few mags showing how to tie it

will give iy a try with an pld pair of scales in a minute, before i put my total confidence into it.

tight lines

courtz

The easiest way to describe it is to form a loop,pass that thru the eye of the hook/swivel,tie a granny knot,the before you pull it tight,pass the hook back thru the loop,then slowly pull tight making sure all the coils seat themselves neatly,obviously as with all knots moisten the line.

i've been giving the grinner a go, seems strong enough when tied with 10lb line for zig-rig. It also odesn't coil the line as much from where you've tightened the knot

cheres

tight lines

courtz

If line is coiling when you tighten knots you are probably not lubricating them enough, also do not try and tighten too quickly , ensure coils bed down tidily and pull knot together slowly.:wink:

I always wet the knots with saliva, it's probably because the line i use for zig hooklengths are fine diameter, prestretched monos(drennan double strength)

tight lines

courtz