looking for stretches of canal with 20+carp near hemel,tring

Plenty of 20's in the GUC from Watford up to Tring. It just means spending a few days walking the banks to find them.

If you are looking around Hemel then you a deffinatly have a good chance of finding a few, you just have to put in the leg work, because I can't see anybody who has done that leg work is going to just give you the info they worked hard for

I sometimes fish the Luton stretch from Ivinghoe to LM. Ihad a few out to 15lb but lost much bigger fish in the past in the far side snags. Reports coming thru last year reckoned someone had a 30+ out. No night fishing though so either go early and fish until the boats start moving around or go late after the owners are encamped in the local pubs.

Keep your rods as far out in the canal as you can to keep the towpath clear and watch out for the cyclist too. Some are polite, some ain't and will take any opportunity to run over your rods. I use a bucket or trolley either side of my swim to give them a warning that someone is fishing but some of the loonies come past at 20mph +. We all have to use the canal so be polite - this plea also refers to the cyclist if your reading this!!

• 1 month later...