blue lake northfleet

mrron

last time i went there it was flooded, about 10 days ago. apparently the cement works have closed so theyve turned off the pumps. bit of an

arguement going on as to who will pay if the pumps are turned on.

as to bait youl have trouble getting any info as its all a bit secretive. use what your confident in & plenty of prebaiting.

• 1 month later...

I went up there on Saturday (25th April ) as I wanted to have good look round, prior to joining the club. I had phoned Reg who polices it, and it is very strictly controlled. I was greeted by a friendly enough guy who gave me a bit of info, but would not let me through the gate. I think this is a good thing, espedcially if there has been bother down there in the past.

I am used to fishing private waters and as long as you dont P anyoneoff its usually ok once they accept you. He did tell me that there were only 5 or 6 swims available at the moment, due to high levels.

With regards to bait I would stay traditional to start with as these baits are sometimes overlooked by seasoned carp anglers. On a water like Blue Lake its all about homework and experience, and sometimes it pays to do something different from everyone else. When I start fishing it in a few weeks time, I wont expect to catch anything in my 1st season there, so any double will be a bonus.

Say hello when you re down there I m the 52yr old with busted features, who still uses 1970 s Optonics ( converted by Les Banford )

hey they ive applied for the membership for this lake,for 4 t 5 years ive wanted to have a bash here,spoke to loads of people about this place,hard work but well worth it if you get a carp on the bank!but it will take time to learn this lake,looking 4ward to it and hope the the wrongens from kings farm dont still go swimming in there!

• 1 month later...

I ve just had a 5 day and night session @ Blue Lake. Its an awesome pit, but the numbers of carp are few. I didnt even get one take, but I m not surprised, as its one of those waters you have to do an apprenticeship on. i dont expect to take a fish for 2 yrs. It is very high Security with at least 3 x locked gates to go through to get to any swims. There are only a handful of swims available as the level is 10 ft above its norm. Really nice bunch of lads down there but are very protective about their fishery. i ve waited a long time to find such a daunting pit and I pity my missus cause she aint gonna see much of me until I have had some Cyprinious Carpio on the bankio

Guest Anonymous
I ve just had a 5 day and night session @ Blue Lake. Its an awesome pit, but the numbers of carp are few. I didnt even get one take, but I m not surprised, as its one of those waters you have to do an apprenticeship on. i dont expect to take a fish for 2 yrs. It is very high Security with at least 3 x locked gates to go through to get to any swims. There are only a handful of swims available as the level is 10 ft above its norm. Really nice bunch of lads down there but are very protective about their fishery. i ve waited a long time to find such a daunting pit and I pity my missus cause she aint gonna see much of me until I have had some Cyprinious Carpio on the bankio

Your Missus may have helped organise your membership :!::lol:

Sounds like a great challenge which should pay off in the end but lets hope that water level gets sorted soon.