Still-Water Angling by Richard Walker

stevew1805

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I here present for your delectation, delight, entertainment, amusement, and, no doubt, severe criticism, a review of the aforesaid author, volume, and messages contained therein.

May this humble effort strike up a chime in your breast, and may such intimations as I make be of some small service:

http://carpernutcase.blogspot.com/2009/03/still-water-angling-by-richard-walker.html

S

• 8 months later...
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I here present for your delectation, delight, entertainment, amusement, and, no doubt, severe criticism, a review of the aforesaid author, volume, and messages contained therein.

May this humble effort strike up a chime in your breast, and may such intimations as I make be of some small service:

http://carpernutcase.blogspot.com/2009/03/still-water-angling-by-richard-walker.html

S

I really want to get a copy of this book, I may have read it as a child along with Bernard Venables writings, but I'm not one hundred percent sure?

I've just finished reading 'Richard Walker - Biography Of An Angling Legend' by Barrie Rickards, which has rekindled my desire to re-read 'Still-Water Angling', as it is mentioned many times in Rickards work.

This biography although interesting, I found to be quite hard going at times, and found it a bit like reading a text book in places. However, it gave a very detailed look into the many accomplishments Dick made in his life. And I found out a lot I didn't know about him; for instance: like we were born on the same day - which is kind of cool!

Certainly a must read for any other Walker fans out there.

Katfish AKA Niblet 8)

I have a copy of this book mines a 1975 edition and i got it from a charity shop for a pound

You did well mate, sadly there are few carp books circulating Australian book shelves. Ebay, Amazon and trips to the UK have been where I've sourced all mine, but I've always got my eyes open at car boot sales

ATB

Katfish AKA Niblet 8)

• 5 months later...

There are some angling books over here on the way to canberra 2 weekends a go i found a 1989 mint copy of dick walkers drop me a line and a found a BB FIRST addition and a stephen Harper book the other day in beecworth whilst away. But defenitly they are hard to find, but can be found for a resonable prifce if the book shop owner has not learnt to use the internet yet.