anyone fish the vac waters on here out herts way

I used to be a member of VAC a few years ago before they obtained Moor Mill pits, but i did fish Moor Mill as well.

Smallford

A great looking deep lake (30 foot in places),with lots of bays, bars and other features. Stock wise it has a good head of carp, with 1 or 2 at the right time will go low 30's.

Also a couple of mid 20 cats in there that the club try to keep hush as they have no licence for them, but i did here a rumour they are trying to give these to a water in Bedfordshire.

It does get busy in the summer months with quite a few noddies as well as the tight group of carp anglers on there, but a very nice place to be.

Moor Mill

There a 4 fishable lakes on The Mill, The leather pit, The Island Pit, The School pit and The Pike Pit.

When it was run by the LAA security was a problem but i am told this has largly been sorted out now.

The Leather Pit

A tough water of around 7 acres, stuffed full of weed with only around 12 carp to target, including the famous Toadless, the 2nd biggest leather in the country.

Toadless tends to get caught no more than 2 or 3 times a year and she used to be like clockwork getting caught April/May and August/September time.

Most of the other carp average around the mid 20's with the odd one going a little bigger, but to catch any carp is an acheivment.

It also has some huge tench 12lb+ and a couple of shoals of huge bream 17lb+

The Island Pit

A great looking lake, again it is full of weed and as the name suggests it has numerous little islands.

Vac stocked it few years ago with around 100 carp up to mid doubles from one of there noddie waters where they had grown too big.

It also still holds some big originals, i know of a 38lb common caught around 3 or 4 years ago but again the regulars don't let on too much about the big one's and rightly so.

The School pit

A small shallow lake at the very far end of the complex, again full of weed. Not a lot of carp in there but i do know of a high 20's two tone mirror that used to get caught from there every now and then. Whether it is still there who knows?

The Pike Pit

I don't really know too much about this one. It used to be a good pike water but i have never heard of any decent carp being caught.

I have been told there is some good tench in there but i cannot confirm that.

Hope it helps mate.

• 5 months later...
Had a walk around moor mill today, got told that Toadless came out early Saturday morning at 41lb 8oz, chances are she won't see the bank till late August now.

Anyway that explained why there was not a soul on the leather pit!

Very early capture of the big girl, especially bearing in mind the harsh winter we'd had.

To set the record straight, the Leather Lake is not 7 acres - it's a lot smaller than that - and the other fish in there don't average mid 20's. About half of the 13 carp in there are doubles! The next biggest in there after Toadless goes mid 20! You'd have to be mad to fish there!

Do you know if you were close with your late August prediction?