stone private angling club

Stone Private used to have quite a few waters with carp in. I have fished two 'ponds' as a guest.I think they lost the one called Fieldhouse shame as it was a nice water.I had an 11lb common in an afternoon trip and saw loads would be ideal stalking water.The other one I fished was called Hunters.I know theres a 20 in there which is good for an 0.5 acre pond.I lost one in the weed(very weedy).Not sure about 30+ carp but not sure about the waters they have these days but am sure my old mucker Matt would still be in the club if there was a 30 knocking about.

You have to take a lot of the old timers stories in these little clubs with a pinch of salt.I remember one tool at a Fenton work party telling me he had seen loads of carp on one water I have fished (and caught most if not all of the bigguns from) taking tennis balls off the surface! I told him he was talking out of harris as theres only mid 20's in there. He told me I dont know what I am on about and I have never seen fish as big as there is in there, so I politely told him my PB is 41lb 8oz :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...