Rossways & Lake Helen nr Boston - Lincolnshire

Hi I fish both lakes all the time,

Rossways is an easier lake than Lake H the average size coming out of Rossways is 8lb and probably 10lb at Lake H. There is apparently a 30+ in Lake H not sure what the biggest is at rossways.

Both nice lakes I fish em for convenience rather than the fish in em as I practically live next door to Lake H, fished it last Sat only had 2 biggest 13 n half Regards Lisa

Thanks for the advice, I've heard about a fairly new venue in Boston (Woodlakes I think? have you ever fished there?). Also had a look at a lake on fenhouse lane, I used to go there when I was younger with me grandad (15 years ago!) but there was a sign saying 'no day tickets' is this a private water or a members only water do you know? Thanks again Lee.

Hiya, Ive looked at Woodlakes a while ago it seemed to be more of a course lake I think they have alot of competitions there, had a drive up fenhouses and saw the same sign as you I think there is 2 lakes up there one on the opposite side of the road I was going to knock at the house and ask about it but then never bothered. Shame cos it looks a lovely lake. Have you tried Lovells near Stamford?

Lisa

The Fenhouse lake used to fish really well, and had some decent size fish in it 10-15 years ago so they must be a good size now, I was going to knock on there door too but you never know what reaction your gonna get. Think I will try next spring because it would be worth it - I'll let you know how I get on. I have fished Lovells once this year (don't get the chance to go as much as I'd like!) and did ok. I was on the old lake and had a 12 and 10lb on paste float fished in the margins and did'nt get a run on the carp rod. What baits would you rec for Rossways & Helen. Cheers Lee

Hemp works well at Lake Helen with any hookbait really caught quite a few on luncheon meat after having no runs on any type of boilee, its more a case of finding the fish. Rossways same again really any boilees its an easier lake, if you fish up the side and get your bait as close to the trees as poss you'll always get runs, have you got a baitboat?

And yes def let me know about Fenhouses Id love to give it a go.

I don't own a bait, I mainly concentrate on margins. Have you tried Partridge lakes at Whaplode drove or North View at Gedney Hill. Partridge is not much to look at but holds plenty of fish and will look better in a few years once the fauna gets going. Being local you probably go into Granz angling at Spalding they have info on both of the above lakes. I've just moved to Spalding from Peterborough so looking for any new venues in the area.

I've actually been trawling the internet for a fishing break next year - France being one of the options - need to consider the family though so there's got to be stuff for them to do also. Up until a couple of years ago I used to go to Lonsdale park for a week with my dad - good fishing there.

Your signature picture looks like it could be French, do you go over there?

Cheers, Lee

Yeah I go to Marne Valley Carping in Juvigny been 5 times now, has some good fish in there ive had quite a few big ones inc 41, 46 and 48 Common, 49 n half mirror and my lastest pb in Aug (in pic) 54, love it.

Thats the trouble theres not much for families to do at alot of the lakes unless you go to one of the more expensive ones that have pools etc

• 8 months later...
Has anyone fished Rossways or Lake Helen near Boston Lincolnshire,

any tips would be much appreciated. Ta

hi tenchslime i" been fishing rossways for last 14 years on weekly holls.best time 4 biggies is in margines at 5" depth with meat find coshida best from lidle ,had carp upto 26 Lb never failed to catch decent wieghts yet ,pegs 1.8,9,10,11.19 good for getting out there aim for big tree middle of far bank or on peg 1 and 19 straight up margines as carp hang out there allday ,when its on its good fishing .when its quiet its hard work ,steve the owner is an ok bloke there is carp upto 30 + had em on but never banked yet but will keep trying .hope that helps mate tight lines

• 8 months later...