Bentleys Fishery Brentwood

Does anyone have any information on this water?

I believe it used to be called Johns lake - I've searched under both names but limited success (searching under 'Johns' produces lot's of irrelevant threads!)

It's a small lake essentially in the grounds of the the owner's house - he claims to have half a dozen upper 20's in there and is currently netting it to remove the remaining silvers.

Difficult to bivvy up, except in about 3 swims but it looks interesting.

Any knowledge appreciated, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi mate,

I live in Chelmsford pal and have fished bentley twice, once a day session no success but it was in winter and again for two nights in november and it was freezing cold. In this trip I bagged an 18lb english Mirror. All the carp stocked are 'simmo's' fish so uk carp garanteed.

He limits the numbers to 5 at anyone time which is good and the prices are good as you can use three rods. Bivvying was not a problem he has done alot of work to it and has 8 swims dotted round the lake all with plenty of room.

Everyone else blanked when I was there seemed a tough lake. He netted it in november 2008 and at present there are 104 carp to 30lbs in there.

He plans to cut that to 60-70 fish and let them grow to a very big size.

The website has all the details you need

www.bentleyfishery.co.uk

my fish is on the carp gallery third along on the top row.

cheers pal

Ian