Stuck....

gduvenage

Hi all

Hope you can help.... Seems to be a lot of clever carp kings here..

I have two items I hope that that you lot can help me with...

One.. I have this dam that I visit on a regular basis and found a spot where i always catch a couple. The thing is that if I dont hook a fish I get stuck in structure on the bottom. I fish with two hooks and a plastic(lightly weigted) feeder which i attach my ground bait to. I have tried the clasic free sliding two hook rig where you tie asteight piece of hook line with hooks on either end trough a 3way swivel. this means that when the fish takes one hook the other slides up and sits out of harms way. You see this is only good when you hook a fish. I need a rig that will either go/fly straight to the surface when i retive the bait or in some way protect the hooks from catching structure when I reel in.... so I would really appreciate any feedback, or illustrations of rigs that you kan fish round structure with...

Two... what do you use the cork floating boilies for? Saw if on this site....

Thanks

G

• 1 month later...

1 Fox now do elevator leads that rise quickly & skim on the surface on the retrieve. if u want to wrap method mix round them i'm sure it'll stick

2 The cork balls are for many applications i.e: gluing maggots to to make a medusa ball, cut bits off it to use with zig rigs (the carp seem to think they are snails or something rising to the surface), making popups out of ordinary bottom bait mix, and whatever else u can think of

• 2 weeks later...

Go to a tackle shop that sells sea fishing kit. Invest the princly sum of £1.25 on a packet of 5 Lead Lifts ( breakaway's are OK ) and superglue them to the stem of the feeder where you link the line to it.

Problem sorted. Give the rig a wee bit of a yank when you start to move it and your winning every time.