hardwick lakes (derbyshire)

Big lake best for carp of any size but not to many in there . Fished it two seasons but only had about a dozen out up to low 20s road side pegs best try down margins with boilies but fed heavy with corn,pellets,mini boilies to attract tench .If you can get tench feeding you can get odd carp .If all else fails try lob worms . Can be very hard water but good luck :lol::lol::lol:

did you get many big tench out there.

iv been fishing the bottom pond its safer there as there as been alot off tackle stolen and car broken into at night i lke to av my car were i can keep my eyes on it.

i dont think there is many carp in there either but there quite big iv add 3 20s out up to yet. do u know any other lakes near hardwick thats good for big carp?

Hi Robbie,

Not many people like this place but I don't mind it now and again Higham Farm. It's a bit pricy but I always catch. The main pond there has fish 20 to 30lb carp in it but is hammered and not easy, whilst the other 3 ponds there have smaller fish in but you will catch (Anything from 10 to 24lb).

hi alan mate

i used to fish higham all the time but like you said its pricey and they have gone down hill alot these past couple of years.

iv started to fish hardwick its very cheap and there is some desent carp in there(20-30lb) but its a hard lake to fish even harder than the main pond at higham. av you ever fished hardwick before mate???

had afew tench biggest just under 9 .Not many lakes nearby holding big carp (30 +) i tend to travel .Butterly res not bad carp to mid 20s and plenty of action.

i fished there last winter for pike iv nevered try it for carp were on the res do you fish for carp amd how much is it for the year mate???

I've fished Hardwick a couple of times years ago, just day fishing for tench and had a good net full each time (4lb max). Then the other year I came back for a one off as I had forgotten all about this place and gave it ago for the carp (Mid Feb 2007, very cold & Wet). I blanked but one of the lads fishing there (Johno) had 7 carp out over 24hrs, smallest been 13lb and the biggest been 22lb. (Particles seemed to be the bait of chose).

Not had chance to get back there yet, but hoping to put a full season in next year.

fished there last winter for pike iv nevered try it for carp were on the res do you fish for carp amd how much is it for the year mate???
Try platforms in front of car park or over rail track.tickets about £50 for nights with 2 rods can pay extra for 3 rods

whats the bottom like is there much weed???