barlow

Has any one fished barlow on keepers lane in dronfield

im new to carp fishing and this looks like a great place to start

so im just fishing for hints and tips on a simple but efficiant ways to start bagging up.

I have fished there a few times and seem to miss bites all the time

come up blank everytime.

Any help would be great thanks

• 3 months later...

Got to be honest with you here mate, Barlow probably isn't the best place to cut your carping teeth on, it's a difficult place to fish at the best of times, mainly due to the amount of pressure it get's, that said, corn in the margins at the car park end of the lake is alway's a good place, just don't expect to be bagging up on here though, it's well overfished, so the carp are very wary indeed.....

cheers for the info on that one mate i usualy fish the carpark pond only at the other end of it near to the cabin

Ihave been fishing aston ponds on the a57 latly and bagging up well on carp all day long they cantget enough of the lunchen meat on a hair rig last saturday i went on and had 9 out in a 5 hour sesh all where above 5lb

mark had 2 around the 12lb mark aswell i got snapped of aswell using 15lb line if you ever up that way i do recomend it