Teesside/North East Carp Lakes???

Now People!

Am just wondering if anyone knows of any good Lakes around the Middlesbrough area (or around 30 Miles) thats good for carping 24h? I aint been getting me rods wet long (about 2 years) and usually go to Raker or Thorpe Underwood but fancy a change now, time to get out on my own n see what I can pull in.

Any advice would be spot on...

Cheers!

theres nothing much in boro mate, about the only place i can think of is middleton st george and to be honest your far better off in the yorkshire area, raker, selby etc...

Must say there are some ok fish in the Middleton st George reservoirs, the third one holds the bigger fish, plenty of double figures in the middle one too, i used to fish the shelf in the third one, its very weedy and its like WIRE!!

Its just been taken over by Ferry hill district, so hopefully they will clean it up a bit, if they stopped letting the local kids from hanging about there drinking all the time it would be a good place to fish.

• 2 weeks later...
theres nothing much in boro mate, about the only place i can think of is middleton st george and to be honest your far better off in the yorkshire area, raker, selby etc...

Must say there are some ok fish in the Middleton st George reservoirs, the third one holds the bigger fish, plenty of double figures in the middle one too, i used to fish the shelf in the third one, its very weedy and its like WIRE!!

Its just been taken over by Ferry hill district, so hopefully they will clean it up a bit, if they stopped letting the local kids from hanging about there drinking all the time it would be a good place to fish.

they sorted the weed out now mate its pretty much clean bottom now

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
There is a really good lake in sunderland called Silksworth Lakes

google it they have there own website too

www.silksworthlakes.com

cheers

alan

Link removed. Links to other forums are not allowed. Stoogi.

Fished the silky lakes once cos i live in sunderland. never thought much of it.heard bad comments from people i work with. Try burtree house farm in little crake hall near bedale golf course.