Wyreside Fisheries

Now then carpers,

Just a quick en for the lads who have fished the subject,

Going over for the first trip at the weekend doing sunnyside 1 for a couple o days, now not asking the usual "what baits, which pegs bla bla" il work that out for myself but whats the place like?

read a couple o threads on here from early last year saying its full of not very nice people *or words to that effect* just wondered if it was any better than stated?

Cheers for any replys

Woods

Hi mate,

I have fished river lake a few times and sunny 2 a couple of times,never had a problem with other anglers on there but i have heard a few stories.

I have only had one fish out of river and none from sunny 2 but i have'nt spent much time on the complex really.

Personally i dont really rate wyreside because most of the pegs are close together and you dont get much water to play with.

On the other hand i know folk like the place, so i would give it a go and dont worry about the tales you have heard.

thanks for your reply mate,

coming from halifax we have got to travel if we want to fish anywhere with the chance o a biggy, so at the moment we are currently going over to lancashire as opposed to newark/ lincoln area. shalll let you know how we get on.

we'll probably pass you on the way!!

i havent fished sapphire i fish cromwell lake just at the side of it, but a few of my mates have had some good trips there, the margins do very well after dark, same as anywhere find a good gravel/ hard clay spot and fish tight up, as regards to bait apparently they love sweetcorn (artificial on the hook, loose feed the real stuff around)

do you have to travel from blackpool to find a decent water then?

Cheers for the tips.

There are a few waters near Blackpool that are ok but i like a bit of variety to my fishing, used to travel to selby 3 lakes but this has changed to 1 day ticket lake now,not the same.

You should check out wyresidefishery.co.uk, this is a water know as "little" wyreside. Its at stmichaels just of the A6. Its not far from wyreside lakes and is a good water.

Cheers :)

• 6 months later...