amatuer rigger

dave909uk

hi, just back from the tackle shop, got some korda hybrid coated braid and long shank hooks. got some esp stiff rig, all tubing and hooks required all ready for my first rig making session tonight. really lookin forward to testing out a few of my own ideas with rigs instead of using premade ones but most of all so excited to land a carp forthe first time on my own made rig!!!

just wondered if there is any advice you lot could offer me, have searched already and found lots of good tips but want to be as prepared as i can be and know what variations my be worth practicing first etc? cheers

Guest Anonymous

I'd try and keep your rigs simple mate, simple = less to go wrong!

I think a lot of people see the complicated rigs in the mags and try and copy them but i'm not sure they would catch any less on a simpler rig.

A simple knotless knot rig is fine for most situations, as for lengths etc have a look at the thread 'complicated rigs' in the advanced carp fishing members area, this will get you thinking!:wink:

Guest Anonymous

Go to the advanced carp fishing members area [near the bottom of the page] the thread is called 'complicated rigs' there are some good opinions on here.