Brooklands

im looking to become a member of sutton and this lake comes along with horton kirby in the club im going to fish brooklands saturday has anyone ever fished it before and could give any advice on what works well there thanks

Bill :)

its a big lake so find the fish use a high viz pop up/wafter or a decent boilie you have faith in. DDAPS have a big waiting list to become a member and you cant night fish in your first year. good luck let us no how you get on :wink::wink::wink::wink:

i was thinking of using a chopped down mainline fusion bottom bait on one rod but i didnt know what to fish on the other so i may use a pieapple pop up :D

You would not want to night fish there anyway mate. It has a public footpath going right through it.

Dartford is full of chavs.

yea nightfising brooklands isnt the best idea. I have done a couple of times but go with friends if you do. All night you will have groups of kids walking past but they usually aren't to much trouble

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a also a member of D.D.A.P.S & live 5 minutes from dartford lakes.

I have fished it a fair bit with some good results.

There are some lovely carp in these lakes but the condition of the banks & paths are awful. although it is part o D.D.A.P.S its also used by the public as well who im affraid treat it as a dumping site for all there rubbish. it's dirty, smelly & there are no toilets or bins around the lake, so it no wonder really. As other have said i wouldn't wanna do a night fish down there, if you do don't expect to find any of your fising tackle in front of you when you wake up in the morning, its well known for things to be knicked.

Going back to the bait, i mainly use the method/ ground bait for my fishing with either a real or artificial bit of corn or pellet on a hair rig, & only a short hook link.

I think if your going down saturday you are going to find it hard at he moment with the weather still all over the place, but i wish good luck & happy carping. :D

yes mate i've had loads of luck using the method on brooklands.

Like i said before i use real or fake corn which can work really well.

I caught a fair few of my carp within a rod lengh away from the bank, i've seen people bait boating & casting a long distance out trying to find the carp, but remember this. the carp can also be found right under your feet.

when the weather picks up a little bit more, give the method a try you might be surprised.

Not sure how many twentys there are in the lake but there a fair few i recon.

let me know if you try the method out & catch

you will have to forgive me as i'm still not sure of the names of the swims at dartford, but i can tell you i fish near homebase on the princes road side if i can & yes all my fish have been caught during the day here as like i said before i wouldn't do a night fish at brooklands, in my eyes its just not safe enough.

• 1 month later...

dont judge the book by its cover it can be a hard lake to fish and ive done about 90 hours thier and i havent got the best gear but i would hate for it to get nicked im only 15 so it has taken me ages to save for it ive night fished it every time i go and have never had any problems thier are bins about and a shop just round the corner ive had to carp one of 18 ib 7 oz and and one of 20ib 3oz the 20 caught on pineapple plus and the other questbaits fruity trifle (but as good as it smeels dont be tempted to eat it lol) the bailiffs are friendly but strict thiers only one i dont like and hes a bit of a slimeball but rick is a very nice bailiff however he is strict but forgiving if you explain things. they will all help you out and all anglers are friendly thier and have no problem explaining the lake.

good luck m8

scott

the princess rd bank always done well, the seacadets corner has plenty of underwater features but its near the enterance and doin the night there would be a bit dodgy..

Then the long cast up to the island from the same bank(4got the name) TOP Swim.. or go round to the island swim and fish on the old pads.. nice and out the way there' one path in so nobody can walk past u in the night!

Was a member of DDAPS for 10 years and sad to say it just went down hill.. but a good set of lakes to work on and earn your stripes in carp fishing.

Horton Kirby is a good water to try things out as its normally empty and still has a few big'uns in there! just getting through the 12lb commons can be a problem.

Left hand lake LONG CHUCK, SLUCE swim always produces.. tight tight to the island but wouldnt bother going further down as we never had much joy from the bottom end.

Right Hand Lake Find the bars and you'l catch, used to have some good fish but many got lost when the lake flooded :cry: Hogs point, the cut, wide swims always do well!

Sutton DDAPS jewel as they like to think.. never got on well down there, had some good upper 20's.. from both lakes it's just that the place gets rammed all the time and certain anglers/baliffs dont have any respect for there fellow fisherman.. :evil: you'll see ha ha ha :roll:

(they dont like spodders :lol: )

• 9 months later...

Hi Alex,

im a member of D.D.A.P.S which covers the brookland lake, but unlike kirby & sutton lake Brookland lake can be fishing by the public for the price of a day ticket.

they was lots of improvement work going on at the lake last year, with new pathways & some swims being done up.

Brookland has some nice monster carp in there & is a great lake to fish, but i still wouldn't want to night fish there just yet as others have said there are public footpaths running through it & unfortunatly its the public who are leaving all there rubbish laying around making it look untidy, apart from that there isn't any security at the lake so cars & fishing gear is at owner risk all the time.

1 last thing that lets brooklands down & thats there are no toilets on site, during the day you can use Homebase for toilets but at night u have nothing so u can guess what people do.

im going to fish the lakes alot more this year with hopefully some good results. at the moment the lakes are frozen over so unable to be fished.

hope this helps you for now.

p.s if your local why not join D.D.A.P.S at the end of march then u can fish brooklands free of charge. good luck & happy fishing.

DAVE (carpy72)