Whiteacres

Just got back from 2 weeks in Cornwall, a week of which we spent at Whiteacres. Went last year and had a good laugh but since then have been fishing a small syndicate pool with some cracking lads.

Upon my return to W/A it reminded me of how completely clueless some people are when fishing. All we had most of the night is bloody great torches shining all over the water (and the same people wondering why they weren't catching). In the day the imbiciles behind me came for a walk and then proceded to run like linford christie back to their peg 40 yds away when they had a run scaring the hell out of the fish.

And then there were those that have to batter their bivvy pegs in using a mallet. After studying the effects of sound on fish and their behaviour whilst reading for my BSc you wouldn't believe just how well sound travels thro water. You can hear a lead hitting the water 100 yds away no problemo!

Anyway rant over for now but one things for sure I won't be rushing back to noddy ville for a while. Tis fine if you want to take the family and have a bit of fun but for serious fishing forget it. That said the staff were all really friendly and would always try and help you with a few tips if you asked.

Anyhoots I came back with a smile on my face having caught 6 doubles (during 3 nights) with the biggest being a new P.B. at 20 lb 12 oz. Get in.

Just a warning to those going (and it's been said before), take some ear plugs :)

• 11 months later...