ravenfield carp lake nr rotherham

• 2 weeks later...

Very quiet, you will often have the whole lake to yourself.

No particular going bait, they catch on a variety of different boilies.

They added 20 stockies from VS between 7 and 9lb in winter just gone. The lakes biggest is 29ish but has not been caught for some time. This is backed up by 7/8 other 20's

I was there on Saturday just gone and saw a guy land a 22lb mirror, dark old scaley thing, was a beauty.

The place gets very weedy but there are always a few holes to present a bait.  

One of the nicest places I've fished and it is well looked after. The lads that fish it are all sound too.

Nothing cought this time did not even have a run 5 people fishing 1 fish cought in that time when you where throwing feed in they was taking that but swimming past your bait and looking at as if to say you stupid person iam not falling for that.

I think it is to early they are swimming near the surface and spawing seen plenty of fish but in group of at least 7 and 8 may be even more but will be back on tuesday or wednesday weather permitting.

Edited by Dungie987

It's been hard fishing over the past few weeks, I was there last weekend and only one was caught. The lake was like glass so I reckon that's the main cause.

With the rain this week I think it will liven them up.

There are always a few groups that swim together and there are always lots in the shallows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...