A few questions about line

Can anybody recommend a good line for float/waggler? Ill be fishing with a 13ft match rod mostly but may use my smaller 6ft daiwa for stalking. I've tried a plethora of cheap lines and I'm done with having bad memory lines. I use daiwa abrasion resistant 12lb monofilament in my main carp setups, would that suffice you think? Ideally I'd like the line a bit lighter, it's mainly for match size carp with the odd high double, or even 20-25lb (if I please the gods before hand xD). I've experimented with braid aswell but found it too heavy for working it to a standard I'm happy with stalking on float. I haven't used fluro for it yet as mainline, but my general belief is that it'll be too heavy aswell. Anyway, could anyone recommend some decent line with decent memory and workability, at around the 10lb mark, give or take a few lb.

~X

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

I was unaware match rods went that low tbh, even before I was a carper, all I seemed to catch was carp on match ponds, and the odd tench (too many Rudd and roach also), I figured 10lb as a sturdy but high enough line for match, so much to learn about course! I use 8lb or 10lb for sewin, usually fluro, smaller fish but horrendously more aggressive fighters, 6lb could easily snap 10lb line. Ive been getting the fisherman's itch recently and all i cant think about at the moment is predatory/game fishing, my blood is literally on fire at the thought of next season. I'm going to make a promise now, im going to recodd my first hike of the season of the private waters on my local river for the forum, from before I leave, all the way up until i leave. Haven't recorded myself before but ive learned enough here I feel doing what I excel at on camera is the only way i can give back to all of you guys properly, as a thank you, even if it isnt carp. Might be entertaining at least lol

Ya know, I've always pondered the idea of slow sinking pellets or zigs on my weight-tapered #7 fly rod. I said it before, but a decent carp on a fly setup would be a totally epic experience! I do hope that happens when they wake up in the warmth a bit more.