Newlands Hall

Possibly done before but anybody fished here lately? I have been invited to have a social match here just before christmas with some of the fellas from work.Bit of a change from my local lakes here in Kent

I've fished it once before many years ago but tbh it was full of idiots with rubbish and rats everywhere. Just wondering if things have improved at all?

Hi David, I noticed you hadn't had much of a reply so thought I'd chip in. Newlands is a popular venue and with that in the summer you're going to get the usual issues, quiter in the cold months but not quiet. It's mostly clean when I've been recently can't say I've seen many rats. I've never fished osiers down the end but chatted to a guy once who'd done well on it and actually has some nice looking fish in it. Also surprisingly scenic. If you want a guaranteed bend the moat lake is a good fall back down there too with mostly 3lb to 6lb fish plus coarse fish plus some surprises. Goodish venue for a social in winter I'd say. I recommend exploring margins when you first arrive in morning with maggots on a madusa type rig and a maggot swim feeder. I've had 3 or 4 fish in 45 minutes like that while others have carried on chucking boiles out to the middle of the lake all day without a sniff. Best of luck be good to hear your thoughts once you've been.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hi David, I noticed you hadn't had much of a reply so thought I'd chip in. Newlands is a popular venue and with that in the summer you're going to get the usual issues, quiter in the cold months but not quiet. It's mostly clean when I've been recently can't say I've seen many rats. I've never fished osiers down the end but chatted to a guy once who'd done well on it and actually has some nice looking fish in it. Also surprisingly scenic. If you want a guaranteed bend the moat lake is a good fall back down there too with mostly 3lb to 6lb fish plus coarse fish plus some surprises. Goodish venue for a social in winter I'd say. I recommend exploring margins when you first arrive in morning with maggots on a madusa type rig and a maggot swim feeder. I've had 3 or 4 fish in 45 minutes like that while others have carried on chucking boiles out to the middle of the lake all day without a sniff. Best of luck be good to hear your thoughts once you've been.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks DD

We will be fishing Brook lake im told and will definitely try the maggots, thanks for the advice!