HWAS - Hartley Wintney Angling Society

• 1 year later...

I joined HWAS about 2 years ago and only fished Church Farm. In the whole year I did not catch a single Carp. I tried all sorts at the larger lake. I ended up fishing the river next to it and pulling out some nice Chub, just not what I was after.

The large lake only had about 3 people fishing it maximum, and it is a largeish water with loads of features.

Give it it due, it was very picturesque

• 4 weeks later...

That top lake looks gorgeous, went for a walk round the lakes and down the river last Saturday and saw a dead twenty in the margin. Going fishing there this saturday with my father for the day. On TDFC membership so we can't do nights, mind.

Dad's feeder fishing for bream, I'm gonna have one rod on the method and one on the pellet&pva.

I'll let you know how we get on, though intersimi hasn't exactly filled me with confidence!

• 1 year later...

Carp at this venue are not easy,there are some good specimens to be had but you have got to be prepared to put in the time and effort. Much like all the Yateley complex you cant expect to just turn up and catch them.

If you want suicide carp try Gold Valley, Ash vale. You cant fail.

I've fished the Doughnut Lake (top lake) twice and on both occasions had one carp round about 7pounds. I dont't think this lake's known known for its carp though, and I've not fished the other lakes at Church Farm.

If you want suicide carp try Gold Valley, Ash vale. You cant fail.
You're not wrong there!! Before I fished Gold Valley I'd never caught a double. Well, first time at Gold Valley - double after double after double!