Dartford Waters

Just getting back into my carp fishing after a 5 year absence due to kids coming along and rendering it impossible to have a social life or go fishing. I'd like to get the kids interested and think they'd quickly lose interest up at Brooklands where i'd be inclined to spend my days and was wondering if anyone had any info on the lakes at Crossways in Dartford. I know about campanile and the 2 run by BD angling but there is one more run by Stone Marsh angling club but i can't find any contact info about them and the old boy i spoke to down at the lake didn't have any either... if anyone has any contact details it would be appreciated.

Secondly, Brooklands. Anyone fished it lately? I really fancy the back point swim on the channel that connects the comp lake to the a2 area as i had success there a few years ago. Again spoke to a couple of the guys fishing down there but its all very hush and any questions are usually met with the usual "nah nothing mate." Just like to get a bit more of a run down on how its been lately, worth fishing the Homebase bay? Not seen a soul fish it any time i've walked round.

Hi David

i fish dartford most of the time and its been greatly improved. the area you mention between Baldwins and the A2 is now shut. they have put hundreds of large boulders in the area to prevent the fish holding up on the bridge. the general condition of the swims is great with many new angler friendly platforms and swims regenerated. the best baits are A2 baits creamy toffee and CCmoore XXX which i have personally caught on. The best areas i have found are the A2 snags next to boat swim , the back of the bird island toward the cut through and the Home base bank next to the railing/car wash. only last week a feller had a brace of thirties from there. again its not n easy water but if you find em and feed em you will catch them. The bailiffs a nice bloke and offers all help. hes got loads of catches on his phone also and will point you in the right direction. oh and last the price at 10,00 for three rods all day is fantastic value especially as a thirty is def on the books if you get it right.

Are you a member mate?

Cheers, the area at the back of the bird island is where I was referring to, the swims just up from speech therapy were always a favourite. Have to say the improvement in swims etc is amazing compared to a few years ago!

What would you say on going down the particle route, always like doing something a bit different to the rest of the crowd.