spod/spomb help

im about to restart doing a bit of carp fishing after a 30+ year lay off "aint things moved on a tadge ? " anyway to the question , i could do with "well i think i could do with" a spod or a spomb to get a bit of particle out , im not looking to get a huge amount out at this stage just a bit for a start ,then i can fish a bag or a stick over it, i dont have a heavy spod rod as such but was wondering if i could get away with a 3lb pike rod with a mini or a midi to get bait out 60 -70 yds ish, ive an old big reel loaded with braid and as always moneys a bit tight !!! i will probable end up later getting a proper tool for the job but having just re kitted myself out im brassic :rolleyes:  !! any suggestions welcome 

thanks ,i recon a mini on a 3lb would work then for what im looking to do or even a midi at a shorter range "with care " it used to be 1oz per lb test curve + or - 30% does that still hold true on modern rods same as 5lb bs per lb tc +/ - for line bs ?

Edited by gjc1

The mini should be good enough mate, a little trick to bare in mind, and this is only because I'm a right old scrooge, if you make a bad cast, slow the cast down with your fingers and you can almost lay the spomb down onto the surface, this way it won't open and youll save on bait lol

Edited by Gazlaaar