Chichester Pits/Southern Leisure Centre

Hi All,

Just been reading all the threads on these lakes- have been fishing them on and off since 1982 and have seen them all go through many changes... Have seen many good lumps tempted out of many of the lakes from mid 30's from vinnie, runcton and Ivy and many specimen tench, eels (although they waged war on the eels a few years back and decimated them), bream and Perch.... There was a massive issue with litter a few years back but that has mostly been cleared now and it is a nice, natural place to fish. The fishing is perfect in my opinion, a challenge (unless you are on east lake, tried a short sesh at the beginning of the year and averaged a fish an hour over 24 hours up to 17-2; too much for me). Otherwise the lakes generally hold enough natural to sustain the fish......

Ivy is an amazing lake with many a surprise still in there....

I have heard many of the rumours, going back to when Stan, Dave and Jackie ran the tackle shop/cafe in the middle of the complex but have never encountered any actual trouble/thefts myself.... Often fished alone and out of the way... Have encountered [censored]ed twats on East on a Saturday night shouting across the lake... You'll only find these kinds of idiots on that lake, in my opinion.

As a fishery it has had its ups and downs, different management ideas, been left to go derelict, been restored with new swims built and a number of annoying rules introduced.... But on the whole a special venue for me! Just recently caught up with a number of guys who I used to fish vinnie with and will be giving the complex a reunion campaign with them next year..... Interested in any other "veterans" of the complex who may read these threads?

• 10 months later...