anyone fished the carp lake at plantation near bristol?

hey out there,

was wondering if anyone had fished the carp lake at plantation near bristol?

http://www.plantationlakes.co.uk/location.htm

http://www.plantationlakes.co.uk/lakes.htm

we did a session on the coarse lake a few weeks ago. tough fishing, the morning was very slow but we had loads of action in the arvo. nothing massive, but there appear to be some bigger fish in there.

i took a wander round during the slow time and spent some time checking out the carp lake. according the sign, there are load of 20's in there?! nobody was fishing on it and to be honest, it did look like a bit of a muddy puddle (we'd opted for the coarse lake as it's a decent size water).

has anyone fished it? is it worth a chuck? we're going back for a session in a couple of weekends and while i've a plan for the coarse lake, i thought it'd be worth asking around to see if anyone had fished for the bigger carp :wink:

have a good one!

cheers,

jake

I've only ever fished the big lake there. Not for the carp like most but for some big perch that I was told were in there. Ended up on day with over 90 carp on worm. I was fishing a rod length out on the inside line and after 20 or so carp of around 6-10lb, decided to see what I could do in the way of numbers. It must be full to the brim of them!!!

good call on the worm :wink:

we tried every other bait: luncheon meat, maggots, casters, sweetcorn (real and fake), chickpeas, pellets... but no worms! meant to take some, but didn't manage to get the time to get any out of the garden. i've since picked up a fork so this time round, they'll def be in the bait bag.

thanks for the info, good to know there's a good head of fish in the course lake. we had a tough time, but i think we had a lot to learn about the water. this time, we'll have a better plan of attack (although it's gonna be a lot colder... there was ice on the car a couple of mornings ago!).

cheers,

jake