Weston lawns please help.. Could not find many articles...

I will b doing a night fish at Weston lawns this week, and was wondering if any1 can give me any tips. Will be fishing for carp and cat on pool 1. Also I have read lots of bad things about the place, but the articles are around 5-6 years old, can any1 tell me if it's Any better?? ( for example it's said that there isn't any specimen carp over 25lb left in there, any heLp would b apreciated.. Cheers :)

I fished it a few months ago and have been too busy to go back there (as in I will fish it again.)

Walk around and speak to the other anglers there.

Talk to the bailiff

Trust in your own ability

Ignore trolls

I got on very well there, had a good night; no monsters but plenty of action. There are bream in there so you will most likely catch one or two along with some other breeds of fish.

Tight lines! and welcome to the forum.

• 5 weeks later...
I will b doing a night fish at Weston lawns this week, and was wondering if any1 can give me any tips. Will be fishing for carp and cat on pool 1. Also I have read lots of bad things about the place, but the articles are around 5-6 years old, can any1 tell me if it's Any better?? ( for example it's said that there isn't any specimen carp over 25lb left in there, any heLp would b apreciated.. Cheers :)

I fished western lawns alot a few years back and it was really good, fish were in mint condition and we're some big lumps in pool 1 specimen lake!

I've been back recently and Caught fish mone of any decent size and the condition of fish is poor! Also there are no decent fish left in there as alot were pinched by another fishery!! Its a lovely lake though just needs sorting out best bet is to fish hopsford hall fishery just down the road!!

Tight lines

Also there are no decent fish left in there as alot were pinched by another fishery!!

Do you know this as fact? When I spoke to the owner, he said they were still stocking the lakes. There seem to be a lot of lakes that are having the same problem :roll:

[tongue in cheek] Fish nicked by other fishery - Hopsford just down the road has better stock[/tongue in cheek] :shock:

Also there are no decent fish left in there as alot were pinched by another fishery!!

Do you know this as fact? When I spoke to the owner, he said they were still stocking the lakes. There seem to be a lot of lakes that are having the same problem :roll:

[tongue in cheek] Fish nicked by other fishery - Hopsford just down the road has better stock[/tongue in cheek] :shock:

This is a fact. Nick the owner of western lawns Is only interested in the money so he's bound to say that he's stocking the lakes with tiny fish.

Also hopsford hall has been amazing for years! Matt Hayes fished there in the wild carp lake.

There's mineral lakes up the road turn right out of Western lawns and literally less than half a mile up the road alot of big fish seem to have arrived there!

• 1 month later...