haywards heath club - balcombe lake

ryanowner

I have decided to join haywards heath angling as they have a few nice lakes. Im especially interested in balcombe because of the low carp stock and the hope that a few unknown lumps might be in there!

I fished a 48 hour session at the weekend and blanked with no more than a few knocks! I should of moved on the saturday but decided against it as i had put alot of bait out and having never fished it i thought they may move onto it. I was infact very wrong indeed!

Speaking to a couple of the members that fished it the same weekend i found out it was a very hit and miss sort of water and quite tricky. they seemed very secretive about the tactics they were using and location of their chosen spots. If anyone has any information on the lake or any of the haywards heath club lakes please respond or pm me :)

Just so you know i'm not someone wanting to have all the work done for me, i will be spending atleast three evenings a week observing the lake, looking for potential feeding areas, pre baiting, etc. I would just appreciate a little push in the right direction or more :wink:

Many thanks,

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

I have been fishing balcombe for some while now and as you said it is very hit and miss, as soon as you find an area or technique that is catching i wouldn't change it unless the fish stop feeding off that particular bait (what shouldn't really happen). I have always found that using a single bait on the hair works a treat with around a handful of lose feed around the chosen area.

this technique has worked wonders for me and a friend which has resulted in us catching 20+ carp between us. the nuisance fish can be a bit of a problem using this method but stick with it. avoid using particles as you will get the bream and tench stuck in your area mopping up for some time.

biggest to date i know of is 27lb common

hope this helps and tight lines