RUNS WATERS UK

Hi, looking for a really good runs water anywhere in UK to take my nephew to. He has not really done any carp fishing so want to take him somewhere where he will catch a few to give him some confidence and maybe catch a 20lb plus carp.

Day tickets and runs waters are not really my scene as i fish a local syndicate which is 20 acres and only holds 85 carp. Any advice would be great as we are planning on going this weekend and can travel most places nationally as long as its worth it

Hi mate, I was looking for similar recently having not fished for about 5 years.

Stumbled across Sherwood Fishery while on a break with the missus and it has been fantastic, so good that every weekend since weve gone back(despite it being 60 miles away) and never failed to catch less than 30 fish between the 2 of us(over 50 on good days), ranging from 2lb to 16lb.

If you do go...

Sherwood lake is apparently a Specimen lake, but there are a lot of carp under 5lb in there, then obviously a few 15-20lb. I find it frustrating on there, you can catch 30 fish and not 1 double.

Holmedale lake is the best lake to be on, you catch more ad they are bigger on average(6-12lb mostly), but its often matched up, you would have to call first to see if theres any pegs. They do have some info on their website and August is relatively clear according to that but I would call first if I was you(I still do every week)

Lots of parking options, real friendly place, I will be taking my nephew at some point in the next month as I think its ideal for him to learn.

Weve been doing extremely well on the surface, with bread and mixers. But you cant loose feed surface bait. On the bottom luncheon meat and pellet is best.