letchworth angling club

coles

• 1 month later...

I have fished Poppy hills at henlow for the last 2 seasons mainly on the second lake. It gets pretty weedy in summer but they are lovely lakes with some good fish in. I also enjoy the opportunity to catch some really big tench (makes those blanks a bit more palletable). The second lake by it's make up has lots of secluded nooks and crannies so requires a fair bit of effort to find the fish. Or alternatively, you could plonk yourself in a popular swim and hope to get lucky like I did on my first ever night session - arrived when nearly dark, cast fairly blindly into the middle with a PVA bag on and had a 22.5lb at 3am. Thanks very much!

I haven't fished Blue or Green lagoon. Apparently you get a load of chavs down at night getting wasted and generally needing ASBOs (I think one drowned down there recently actually) and there is loads of litter and the like.

Hope that helps.

• 3 years later...

I was just browsing the Letchworth Garden City Angling Association website and having bought their membership I am interested to try my luck at Poppy Hill lakes, but it mentions the following:-

"Membership includes a key to the gate at Poppy Hill"

I never received a key with my membership so can anyone confirm whether this is still required because I would hate to make a wasted journey :?: