Docklow Pools

I have fished there a couple of time but not for several years. They have a number of pools on site available on a day ticket but all are more match or pleasure fishing orientated - they have odd names such as moby dick pool. There is a "specimen" carp and catfish water on the site but I think this is now a syndicate and not available to day ticket anglers. The other pools are very much commercial bagging type affairs that are shallow, muddy and overstocked.

The actual complex itself is very nice with a small tackle shop, pub and some old fashioned holiday cottages. It depends what you want from your fishing really. If you just want a day out catching lots of small carp and silver fish with the chance of bigger fish then give it a go. If it's a more challenging water you want with bigger fish and more space then it might not be for you. A lot of the larger carp (up to low 20's) used to reside in the small "match" pool but they may have been re-distributed around the complex by now.

I can't remember it's daft name but one of the pools (the one with lots of snags and tree stumps in it) used to hold a few big still water chub that are a challenge on floater gear.

I hope this helps...

P.S. I've just has a look at their website and it looks like only 3 pools are now available on a day ticket. Sadly the match pool is now members only.

Like I said it years since I've been there but I emptied moby dick using Honey Yucatan ready-mades from the on-site shop once.

Wow, Richworth Honey Yucatan... It must have been longer ago than I thought!