Emmotland ponds, Driffield, East Yorkshire. Worst ever let

I have never known in all my years of carp fishing, for a lake to let you down, move you to a different pond with a promised peg and then let you down again !!!!

I'm pleased I am not the only one they did it too. Many fellow carp anglers were furious.

Then the man expected me to leave early !!!!! 6 hours in total !!!!!

Really bad Blazay attitude would rather be sat drinking cider and letting people get away with murder !!!!

and the website and other sites advertising emmotland show a totally different picture to the real facilities !!!!! A picture or a normal well stocked tackle shop appears on the site

However when you get there you find an empty cluttered rubbish bin, god only knows what happened to the stock on the pictures,

It has rubbish piled high when you walk thru the door which is a health and safety issue.

A cafe is advertised with breakfast and evening meals !!!!!

Well there wasnt one there at all !!!

I did see a dirty old burger van with the door open !!!!

But thank god it wasnt open for business

The toilets are the worst ever the men's in fairness were ok atleast they appeared to of seen a cleaner and a bloo lol but the women's were a discrace !!!!

I always take my wife when we go away fishing and have been to many a lake with no facilities come home wrote them fab reviews.

Been to a few with only a port a loo like carp vale doubles recently acquired a port a loo and it is always clean or gets cleaned daily.

My partner loves it and manages fine.

I wanted to take her somewhere with a little bit more than the norm ie a shower

And came accross emmotland only a 3 hour drive

They boasted about toilets shower block and a cafe so I thought great.

Told her not to buy food as she usually brings all kinds

How pleased I am she packed steaks etc and took no notice of me !!!!

Anyway I booked pond 2 for a 48 hour session and 2 days before we were due to go, I got a call saying pond 2 ha been fully booked and I now don't have a peg !!!! I was furious but the chap said pond 1 was just as good and he would put me on peg 1 the best one according to him.

I wasn't happy as I knew pond 1 was alot harder but thought the rewards would he worth it if I caught.

We got there and as soon as we walked in the shop and saw how different it was I wasn't to sure

It was just rotten and filthy

Full of empty cider cans

The man Jamie said he was the owner and was in the process of living in the horrid caravan out the side whilst his new house was been built !!!!

He proceeded to show my wife the ladies toilets

I went in the men's and thought they were terrible but it was a carp lake not the hylton.

My wife's face said it all and I popped my head in to see the woman' in a much worse state

Disgusting mouldy filthy floor

Shower with pink curtain with mould everywhere

We have lots of photos too !!!!!

2 toilets with no divider or doors

One without a seat and they were filthy brown !!!

She said she would use the outdoors

We were then showed to peg 2 an he said sorry il have to put you on here and I thought this adds insult to injury

Another lad came really upset

Saying he had booked 48 hours took the time off an travelled 2 hours and was told he could stay until 11am the following morning

Which gave him less than 24 !!!!

He was furious !!!!

Sunday came and we were due off at 5pm

It was 9am and I was told we had to leave as the lad was on his way for the peg

I was furious and due to this would never go back

I am pleased my mrs packed our food otherwise we would have been sunk

I don't think its right that they advertise what they don't have !!!!

We can manage great without facilities and have for

But when you are told sonwhere has them and they don't

Its one big let down

I think the man who pretended to own the place and says his house is been built is indeed the bailiff and the worst one at that

He don't do one round in all the time I was there

And I was told he never does

Doesn't care

I found loads of lethal rigs on my swim

It disgusts me that people use them

But isn't that his job ?

Terrible place and I am sure il stick to welham in future

I looked at the facility pictures on their website , ones a a picture of a chap in a chefs jacket in a 'tackle shop' t'other is the same chap standing in a 'burger van', above him to the left a sign says ''prevent cross contamination'' lol ..

Lmao :) nice one mate

Just noticed the sign lol

That's th bailiff what a joke that place is man

Should t be allowed av been round the forums and loads of people have had the same service

Been let down on arrival, after travelling long distances and told to pack up hours before they should be.

He thought the facilities were top notch dead proud,

He said I could charge for a loo key like linear do lol

Errrr no I think not mate

Have you thought of writing him a letter/email asking for a full refund and any other money you spent or missed out on during this trip (days off of work)?

On the grounds that

- they did not give you enough notice for the change of venue.

- the facilities were not as advertised.

- the facilities were in your opinion against health and safety regulation.

- you were made to vacate the lake before the time agreed on the booking.

- distress of finding the facilities not as planned and the upset it caused etc.

I would advise the owner that you intend to take the matter up with trading standards and Health and Safety and any quick closure of your request for the payment in full will satisfy you enough to not take the case further.

You could always say that you did not bring it to his attention at the time as you felt isolated being camping on the side of a lake and wouldn't know what would happen if you asked for your money back on the spot etc.

I would also state that you are going to seek legal advice on how you would proceed with a case at the small claims court if payment is not forthcoming. Remember you don't have to, you you are seeking advice.

Before you write any letter I would check if you can obtain any legal advice through any insurance policies you may have or if you or your wife are a member of a union etc. Speak to them to get a good wording etc and so your basing your letter on facts etc.

Once all done and settled I would then advise a quick phone call to health and safety to make them aware of the issues in the hope that they may actually force him to pull his finger out and make the facilities safe for future customers.