The King Carp Waters - Chris Ball

hnv

I was lucky enough to receive this book as a Christmas present this year. It was published in 1993 and therefore a second-hand copy from amazon.

It really is a fantastic book for all carp fans. Not a "fishing" book as such, but rather a history book of which the subject is carp. In particular the stockings carried out by Donald Leney and the Surrey Trout Farm in the 1950's. Redmire, Frensham, Billing Aqadrome, Savay; they are all in there. The Redmire chapter is perhaps the most extensive and interesting for me personally. A lot of the contents of this book have been published in various other titles more recently but not all. This book is filled with information on the very origin of carp fishing and indeed the carp themselves, documenting not just historic captures but making detailed reference to the stocking of the actual carp that are being caught.

If you have the slightest interest in carp fishing heritage and historic waters as well as the fish, this is the book for you! A very enjoyable read and useful reference book - highly recommended.

Although now out of print and not cheap I believe it is worth it. However, if you can't get hold of it then get your local library to order it in for you and read it for free!