chichester lakes

Hi tonyodonnell,

when you say fish at Chichester, do you mean the day ticket gravel pits by the caravan park? If so, get yourself down there. I'd try fishing East Lake for the Carp. Try round the sheltered side of the Island. Or you could give Ivy a go. Will be a bit harder, but the fish tend to be better, and you can stick a Pike rod out as well. Very big Pike in Ivy.

Hello Brighton Carper, yes i do mean them lakes. Have fished the West Lake but as a beginner not too sure about fishing in the winter. Happy Xmas.

Hello again Tony,

West is the hardest lake on the complex by far. It does also hold the best fish, but they are very very few and far between.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole place is flooded at the moment, but if you can get on, then go for East Lake, and fish the sheltered side of the island.

As for winter fishing, I'd probably scale down to 10mm baits, and use smaller PVA bags, and that's the only bait I'd be putting in.

T