Near Brighton

I know this isn't related but do You know any good carp lakes near Brighton, seaford or new haven where I can do I few nights I just presumed from your name

Yeah mate, there's a couple. If you want a proper runs water then I'd recommend Alderwood. It's about 10 mles outside Brighton and will produce decent doubles. Or you could try Swanborough lakes, near Lewes. Not exactly a hard water, but a slightly better stamp of fish than Alderwood. Both places do nights and have websites. Sussex is a little light on real "big fish" day ticket waters, but either of those could produce a 20.

Personally, I'd go for Swanborough.

I know this isn't related but do You know any good carp lakes near Brighton, seaford or new haven where I can do I few nights I just presumed from your name

Yeah mate, there's a couple. If you want a proper runs water then I'd recommend Alderwood. It's about 10 mles outside Brighton and will produce decent doubles. Or you could try Swanborough lakes, near Lewes. Not exactly a hard water, but a slightly better stamp of fish than Alderwood. Both places do nights and have websites. Sussex is a little light on real "big fish" day ticket waters, but either of those could produce a 20.

Thanks a lot, any tips like bait or pegs? For both lakes

Sure.

Alderwood. Cell does ok there, but large cubes of Luncheon meat work really well, much better than any boilie for some strange reason. I fish em on a meat screw. I always chop up the cubes and leave them to dry for a couple of days. This toughens the surface so the silvers can't peck them away. Ignore the island, it usually only holds the small fish, and gets absolutely hammered. Concentrate on the margins, pads and reeds. Be quiet and you can literally pick up decent fish right under your own bank. The best swims are the corner swims, apart from the corner diagonally opposite from the entrance to the lake. The best corner is the one that’s next to the small lake with disabled access.

Swanborough. Swannie is long, rather than square like Alderwood. The middle swims on either side are probably best. Again, the margins are amazingly productive, but you can also pick up decent fish in the middle. There’s an old submerged island in the middle, towards the wider end. If you can find it, it always holds fish, on top and around the base. If you’re fishing midweek and the lake isn’t too busy, try to get them going off the top. They don’t always play ball but when they do you can smash the place. There is a massive Grassie in there which hasn’t come out for ages. the best way to pick her up would be off the surface. There are ducks, but I always buy 3 loaves of the cheapest white bread, costs about £1 in total, and feed them senseless on the bank. Then they all fall asleep for a few hours.

I always use Cell and Tigers there, and have had decent fish on both. I’d also definitely have one rod on a Zig.

Hope that helps.

Tight lines

T

Sure.

Alderwood. Cell does ok there, but large cubes of Luncheon meat work really well, much better than any boilie for some strange reason. I fish em on a meat screw. I always chop up the cubes and leave them to dry for a couple of days. This toughens the surface so the silvers can't peck them away. Ignore the island, it usually only holds the small fish, and gets absolutely hammered. Concentrate on the margins, pads and reeds. Be quiet and you can literally pick up decent fish right under your own bank. The best swims are the corner swims, apart from the corner diagonally opposite from the entrance to the lake. The best corner is the one that’s next to the small lake with disabled access.

Swanborough. Swannie is long, rather than square like Alderwood. The middle swims on either side are probably best. Again, the margins are amazingly productive, but you can also pick up decent fish in the middle. There’s an old submerged island in the middle, towards the wider end. If you can find it, it always holds fish, on top and around the base. If you’re fishing midweek and the lake isn’t too busy, try to get them going off the top. They don’t always play ball but when they do you can smash the place. There is a massive Grassie in there which hasn’t come out for ages. the best way to pick her up would be off the surface. There are ducks, but I always buy 3 loaves of the cheapest white bread, costs about £1 in total, and feed them senseless on the bank. Then they all fall asleep for a few hours.

I always use Cell and Tigers there, and have had decent fish on both. I’d also definitely have one rod on a Zig.

Hope that helps.

Tight lines

T

turns out I can't fish them no under 18 on either water

Hmmm, that's a bitch. Try Passies Pond, they might be a little less strict, or maybe just tell them you are 18. :wink:
believe me if they think that I'm 18 their either blind or stupid

Just looked at Alderwoods rules and it mentions under 12 to be accompanied by adult so if you are over 12 you should be ok

Hmmm, that's a bitch. Try Passies Pond, they might be a little less strict, or maybe just tell them you are 18. :wink:
believe me if they think that I'm 18 their either blind or stupid

Just looked at Alderwoods rules and it mentions under 12 to be accompanied by adult so if you are over 12 you should be ok

Yeah but to do nights you have to be over 18

Sorry m8 only looked at there general rules.

I have fished it a couple of times when I come down to Lancing to see relations but only for a few hours.

Do people really pay £25 to night fish Alderwood :?: Things must be bad.

Used to belong to Isfield club 40 years ago before I moves to Norfolk have they not got any decent carp waters you can fish.

Sorry mate only looked at there general rules.

I have fished it a couple of times when I come down to Lancing to see relations but only for a few hours.

Do people really pay £25 to night fish Alderwood :?: Things must be bad.

Used to belong to Isfield club 40 years ago before I moves to Norfolk have they not got any decent carp waters you can fish.

I don't live down south but I have a relation that does so I was hoping to get a bit of fishing in and meet up with my cousin because fishing here is rubbish