Newbridge Lake, East Yorkshire

Hi, im planning on a visit to Newbridge Lake in the next week or so and ive never fished here before. Im planning on doing a night session on the specimen lake. im wondering if anyone has fished here before and could pass on any advice/tips on peg, bait, rigs.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

Hi mate welcome to the forum.I've only fished it 3 times and have caught on zigs each time.The lake is really deep in places(see the map on the website),had no luck on the deck so tried zigs and caught.On my first two visits it was quite cold but sunny and noticed lots of carp sunbathing on top in the middle of the lake(it's long and narrow).It's a nice mature lake with lots of carp to go at.My last visit was in august 2010 looks gorgeous,lily pads galore and plenty of weed at the shallow end.Lance and Michelle are the owners and are really helpful.Good luck on your session and let us know the results mate. :)

Hi mate, cheers for the help! im making my transition from coarse angling to carp fishing :) im having my first session there in a few weeks time also my first overnight session.

so ill definitely be trying your tips on the zig rigs - well my first zig rig :wink: but ill definitely get back about my results and let you know how i got on, thanks again mate :)