Bowmans lake (Now Willows lakes)

Right , reading through several of the forums about this fishery willows (formally Bowmans ) is getting very bad reports i have to say the place has absolutely changed very good fishing there at night. best time to fish the place is during the week still gets busy at the weekends with the ol noddy boys but as i said the weekdays are quiet .Cell dum-bells were the winning code for me having caught several carp, most productive runs were from a snag in the margins on match lake my best catch was 13 lb common but the fish was in very good condition, most anglers fish the far side of the match lake ,this is because the carp championship was held here and obviously about 20 tonne of bait been slung in (slight exageration) but trust me the lake has plenty of good looking fish i'm going back soon to fish farm lake there are some bigger fish in there supposedly to 30 lb (hmmmmmm) my brother has fished these lakes for over 10 years and his best catch is a 17 and half common from deep lake but hasn't seen any one banking any more than a 20. In winter when the lakes flood who's to say where the actual fish are located they could be in match lake or farm lake just got to keep fishing to find out .any way thought this would update any queries people may have . My only concern is the track down from the entrance to the lakes , its got some serious pot holes so watch out for them!! you would think that the bailiff would sort these who knows maybe he will .................... :P:P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...