linear fishery- brasenose 1 or 2?

i'm looking for a good runs water as i am doing a weekend session with my little cousin this weekend. He has done carp fishing before but has only caught small fish -5lb, he is keen to catch fish but can get bored easily. I have heard about brasenose 1 and 2 being almost impossible to blank, is this true?? if so do you have any tips eg. bait, swims, methods? and also any other good runs waters (not thorpe lea) and will go virtually anywere.

CarpHunter12 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

To be honest mate both lakes are pretty much the same in the way of baiting up and tactics. Spodding at range with fluro hooklinks on a lead clip arrangement. Only recently i have figured out how to fish B-1 and B-2, If you follow the wind on there mate i dont think you will go far wrong (warm one). As for B-1 i dont know alot about the hotspot's and swims but i know that if you go down on the far bank (opposite to B-2) and fish small pva bags of cell you will do well. One of the baliffs gave me that advice, stuart i think his name was and he sounds like a top bloke!. As for B-2 mate the end of the lake closer to B-1 is much deeper and you have a better chance of a take due to it just being a better area of the lake, both waters are relatively weedy so a marker set up prior would be very handy. If you are not used to big open gravel pits than it might intimidate you but if you take your time and figure it out it can be rewarding (i no :lol: ). As for baits mate i have found that everyone who goes on there uses a spod mix of hemp.cell boilies and corn in some variety. I found that adding maggots to this mix improved my catch rate and interestr rate (liners etc) I think maggots do the trick on there because the fish dont see alot of them, only in the winter. Not my thing, but zigs with a sloppy spod mix over the top also do well mate. Small pop ups in solid bags produce fish too mate. The fish were reared on pellet so that is also an option. The fish tend to be bigger in B-2 mate rather tHan B-1. At first found fishing big open gravel pits hard and intimidating to fish but after plugging away i soon learnt a few things that produced fish, get on there mid week if you can mate its alot quieter on there!

I hope this is't too late mate, and all the best fella 8)

Bish 8)

Guest Anonymous

Oh, and if theres any other questions mate dont be afraid to pm me buddy, the lads on here gave me a few pointers for success so i would like to return the favour if you get me :D

Bish 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Bish

sorry for the late reply mate :) i managed to get in two sessions since i started this thread and blanked both times :( i fished b1 the first time and b2 the second, i am low on money at the moment and im unable to get hold of spod/marker rods. so i was basically fishing solid bags with crushed boilie and pellets with 15mm fluoro pop ups on b1, and i just got back from b2 and was fishing zigs at 4 and 6 foot but unfortunately blanked both times! i am most probably going to get a spod and marker rods in the next week or so and i am determined to beat brasenose 1 :lol: im planning a 48hr sesh in two weeks time so any ideas for my approach and this time i will have my spod and marker etc..

cheers

carphunter12