Makins Nuneaton

Makins nuneaton?? do you mean wolvey one? if so small 10mm technipops do well fished just of bottom with a shot.. I usally tie a 8inch coated hookling strip back coating just enougth to leave a hinge so to speak at the eye of the hook,placing the shot at the start of the coating. simple 2oz lead fished using lead clip. simples :wink: im sure you can get the technopops from lanes on london rd but im gonna try the bang on bait wafters next time as I had a dream session down at sandhurst social. 11 20s 3 upper teens also using them, they sink perfectly under a size 8 hook. And if your from this side of town you can get the full range from rods and reels in hinckley top little shop also.

Which lake you thinking about? Lake 1?

From personal experience, the Method with either a 10mm boilie or a bunch of dead red maggots has always been successful for me, especially chucking to an island on any of the lakes. I generally go for a mix like DB Method Mix or Marine Halibut and whack 3mm pellets and hemp as a bit of food content. Either use something like a big Korum or Fox feeder, or just wrap an inline lead with groundbait. It's snag-free so you don't need to worry about dropping leads.

I think Makins now has a website and that might have catch reports and the like, although I expect it'll be more match-based. :)