billingford lakes

hi people, going to be visiting the inlaws in billingford in a couple of weeks and am gonna visit billingford lakes for a day, does anyone or has anyone fished this lake, my brother in law walked round it the other day and reckons the lakes are extremely clear, any info would be much appreciated,

cheers mufty, :)

• 1 year later...

Just to say anyone considering a trip to Billingford lakes, I certainly rate the place.

Simple reasons being, five sessions there this year so far, and to be completely honest I haven't come across a place more relaxed and enjoyable.

The bailiff Kev is a top chap, and despite reading on here and other places that he has not much knowledge of the place is crazy!lYou think about it, it's only been reopened about a year or so, correct me if I'm wrong!How anyone is expected to know exactly the number of carp beats me! Unless you restock on top of old stocks you can take a guess!

Some people like to go to a place and catch fish that has names and a catch history as long as your arm and know everything about it, and that's fine,but If you like carping with an element of supprise and a hint of the unknown, then, it's a great place.

Had numerous fish out,admittedly biggest only being a 20lb5oz, but i know and have seen numerous fish which I dear say could be in the mid 30's.

Just got back from spending 8 nights there on two of the lakes, had a few fish, nothing to write home about but good sport all the same.

Yes it has crayfish, but the bailiff is doing a top job of getting on top of them, and to be honest to give you an idea... out of ten times casting out and leaving my lines in for say on average 4-5hrs I only had two times on reeling in I had no bait! You do the mathes! But in my book, no probs what so ever.

After getting my next block of work out of the way, I can't wait to spend another week at the place this winter and catch a few more completely and utterly spotless and perfect looking fish.

Thanks to Kevin the bailiff and the owner for giving me 8 nights of enjoyable fishing! :D