Thorpe Lea Fishery

Greetings all....

After going a long time without wetting the lines, I'm craving the coming season and looking forward to getting a bend in the rods!!

I've been looking for venues to fish at weekends, and the occasional night and came across Thorpe Lea in Egham.

I read somewhere that google maps was a good source to find the features in the lake?!?! Have tried it and can't seem to see any?!?! I know there are plenty of gravel bars and a deep hole on the motorway bank side but would appreciate a little help as I'm not one for turning up for a day session and smashing about with a marker float!!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :o)

Paul

Guest keenook

Hello Paul,

I'm not one to advocate the "search" all the time, however there is a lot of info posted on the forums about Thorpe Lea, and to be honest, it's not the most difficult of waters, good luck and have fun.

Thanks for your speedy reply.... I gathered it's not the most difficult of waters judging by the stock levels and catch reports but for me I always like to know what surface my bait is resting on.. Have never been one for turning up and chucking it anywhere, but maybe that'll work at Thorpe Lea!!

Will do a little 'searching' and see what I can find..... :o)

Thanks again

Paul

Just read your piece about the shocking condition the fish were in when caught.... :o(

Never nice to here these types of stories!!

It's actually made me re-think my potential lake for this year... I know it can happen at most day-ticket waters but surely not all of them...?!?!?!