Great witley, Pool before witley court.

hi guys, for my first session this year im off to a pool up great witley, its not the syndicate pool outside of witley court, but as you go up the lane you pass a pool on the right, anyone know anythink of this pool ? i hear theres carp in there? do you just pay on the bank ? and any tips really ? also if you turn right after the first pool theres another pool :S it doesnt have a name and the only board ive seen is the rule board, no keepnets and barbless hooks. any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers, mike. :)

• 3 weeks later...

the pool you refer to is not dingle or hazelhurst, they are at witley fisheries which is the other side of the main road towards shrawley.

the pool you are talking about is owned and run by the two old farmers pat and jim payne and to be honest is a complete waste of time. the lake is full of carp but they are all snotters......biggest possibly a low double.

you will hear rubbish talked about fish to mid 20s but that is what it is ..total tosh.

having grown up and fished around the area u get to know where the decent fish r!

The pool is also the worst lake I have ever fished for litter...it's disgusting and in summer is over run with rats even in the day time.

steer clear if I were u and pm me and I'll give you some more ideas locally that do have some decent fish to go at.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
the pool you refer to is not dingle or hazelhurst, they are at witley fisheries which is the other side of the main road towards shrawley.

the pool you are talking about is owned and run by the two old farmers pat and jim payne and to be honest is a complete waste of time. the lake is full of carp but they are all snotters......biggest possibly a low double.

you will hear rubbish talked about fish to mid 20s but that is what it is ..total tosh.

having grown up and fished around the area u get to know where the decent fish r!

The pool is also the worst lake I have ever fished for litter...it's disgusting and in summer is over run with rats even in the day time.

steer clear if I were u and pm me and I'll give you some more ideas locally that do have some decent fish to go at.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Lets put the record straight once and for all as i live near to both and have fished them for twenty years, the Hundred pool is first on the track on the right, it closed recently due an angler falling of the dam wall and dying(heart attack). Much work was done to this which included pushing the existing wall into the pool which has made it around a foot deep all the way to the island. There has been a carp explosion in there but the average is only 1-3 pound. There are bigger in there with a double being rare. For the purist a groundbait and maggot approach will bring a great net of carp and skimmers with small roach and perch also. i recently had a nice 60 pound mixed bag which was a split with 30 of carp and 30 of silvers.

The wash pool is next track on the right and also has had a lot of work done recently, most matches are won was 60-100 pound on pellet waggler and feeder. The carp have been in here years and with it being very deep (12 foot) on the dam wall there are quite a few larger fish in there. A twenty is possible but again is a rare fish. There are also skimmers and roach. I have not fished here though for the last 10 years plus but have a club match Sunday on there, let you know how it goes.

Talk of a 40 is utter bollocks.

Both are day ticket on the bank and both are owned by the Paynes.

Of the two i prefer the Hundred pool as it rewards the proper fisherman.

Do not go to either if your looking to catch a PB unless its low. For this i would suggest Larford Lakes..there are also many little gems about that hold a good head of bigger fish. Charlie Edens is one of them, and that is not fished so much now.