Easy Carp Waters?.

I know there is probably no such thing as a easy carp water, but can anyone recommend any waters within a decent mile radius of the north east i.e newcastle etc.. as i am looking to get back into carp fishing after a long time away having moved house twice in a year and a half.

also when does carp season start again?. thanks.

I know there is probably no such thing as a easy carp water, but can anyone recommend any waters within a decent mile radius of the north east i.e newcastle etc.. as i am looking to get back into carp fishing after a long time away having moved house twice in a year and a half.

carp season doesn't stop,but it does slow down in the winter.

Alright there mate. If your after busy fishing more than speciman fishing to get your eye back in then I'd maybe try the Angel Of the North fisheries in Gateshead. Its just off the A1 at the southern end of Gateshead. It's a really well run fishery (owned by a couple of vets) but check the website because there are quite a lot of rules and they dont allow deviation from them, so it's not what I'd necessarily call a Carp lake but they are by far the predominant fish with some really nice fish in there. I also enjoyed Felton Fence Fishery (about 6 miles outside Morpeth), Again not the biggest fish in the world (upto 10lb) but again good head of fish and quite busy fishing in a really nice setting. They are a lot less rules orientated as well, allowing you to experiment a lot more when trying out what rigs / methods you want to use.

To be honest Im not sure there are any out and out specimen lakes in the Newcastle area, If there are and you hear about them let me know mate, cause Im looking at going into Yorkshire more this year for 2/3 day trips.

thanks for the info mate, ive checked the rules at angel north lakes and some of them are absolutely ridiculous.

i don't mind travelling maybe yorkshire at the further is anyone knows of any decent, good fishing, quiet waters.

Yeah, some of their rules are extreme and pretty pointless to be honest, Thats why I said it's not what you could call a Carp water. In their defence though the couple who built it and own it are pretty new agey type people and they run it more as a wildlife sanctuary than as a fishery buisness, and from what I was told by their wardens so far theyve put almost 2 mill of their own money into it, so for that type of money I suppose you can make as many daft rules as you want :lol::lol: