any 1 from up north east on ere...?

Alright mate yeah I'm from the North East like yourself. Have stayed local this year fished Brasside at Durham. Enjoyable fishing but nothing really big to go for. Have fished most places in our area, whereabouts is local to you ? If you want decent fish you have to travel really, I'm fishing in the Cambridge area next year. I can tell you about most waters in the North east but really there isn't much to go at. Try looking towards Yorkshire and Hull area that's fairly local but there are more carp lakes and bigger fish.

im in hartlepool mate, n yea i have fished most waters up here and there is nothing to target IMO, iv been fishing Cromwell Lakes, Newbridge Lakes, A1 pits, Fairview Lake amongst other aswell, im on a syndicate in bishop auckland that has 2x teeside 30lbers, i am gunna be joining a water call Ashmire in the cambridgshire area, any ideas on better waters?

cheers mate

I'm at Darlo mate. so your fishing Witton Park then. That's probs about the biggest fish your going to target up this way. I fished it five years ago and caught all the fish within three months but I understand it's got harder since then due to pressure. Couple of lads from work are on there and havn't caught yet. Sounds like you've got all the usual day ticket waters under your belt. We used to fish all them quite a bit in the past. main problems were that you couldn't hardly get on Fairview in the summer, A1 pits you need to live on to get a good result because of the size although my mate did get the two tone common at 37lb. Cromwell has got a lot harder with the amount of pressure it gets now, Newbridge I've never fished mainly because the majority of the stock aren't all that big yet but a few of my mates do. Have you thought about Ripon racecourse lake ? it's a small stock of fish but some real beauties although they did lose a few to otters last winter. There are three upper thirties in there and a lot of upper twenties. I had lucy at 41lb 8oz in 2008 although she's never done 40 again she's always around 36lb. A fish called Talula will do 40 very soon in there. In 2006 it was around 28lb it's done 36lb this year. The full year book with night fishing is only 64 quid. There was a limit on night permits but I here from mates who are still on there that they didn't fill them all this year. If your prepared to drive as far as Cambridge there are loads of waters but a lot of the real big fish waters are on lengthy waiting lists and be prepared to shell out between 400 and a grand a year.

yea wadsworth mate, you had them all in 3month jackpot mate, lads on there have blanked for years on end without a bleep haha, it is alot harder now.. so did you catch lucy out of there or had it already died mate, she was the teeside record at 39lb....

yea im on a number of waiting lists already fella, and yea looking at at 400quid plus.....

im willing to travell mate to the better water regardless of the price, nd yea ripon racecoure would be ideal but last i heard the night permit was full and long waiting list... so.....

cheers mate