Carp Lakes in Doset

zander1

Hi guys, in a few weeks im moving down to Bournemouth (uni) and wondered if any of you guys know of anywhere to go carping thats not to far away.

Main factors are Cost and Distance as i will only be able to get there on my pushbike and obviously as a student i wont have a lot of cash to throw about.

Don't mind if its day ticket- syndicate or free fishing :)

also is anyone on here local to the area????

Thanks fellas (Y)

Zander I don't live down there but do spend a lot of time down that way.

To find somewhere you can ride a push bike to, you have totally narrowed down your options mate.

There are one or two decent waters that I know of but they are a good few miles outside of Bournemouth it's self.

Club wise you have Ringwood District anglers association, Christchurch angling club and Wimbourne AC. All have waters that hold some decent fish but are somewhere between 5 and 10 miles away from Bournemouth.

Day ticket waters you have none that really spring to mind that are really close. There are 1 or 2 around Wimbourne who's names escape me at the moment but as far as I am aware these are mostly full of pasties.

Finally as a wild card you have Rockley Lake, right next to Rockley caravan park in Poole. A very deep, weedy, blue clay lake, that looks very carpy. Quality info is very hard to come by as those who do well on there keep things very close to their chests. But have heard of 30+'s and have personally seen fish to at least high 20's possible low 30's and also rumours of a couple of big cat fish to.

Being blue clay it can get very messy there especially in winter and you do hear tales about the local kids not being to friendly but a couple of people have told me these are more rumours than anything to try and keep it fairly quiet.

The best thing about it, is that it is totally free fishing so well worth a look.

Absolutely awesome info Gidney :P

cannot fault you lad!

If your down that way get in touch and we will grab a beer or two :)

5 mile would be doable- any particulars you can pass on to me fella?

I do alot of biking so thats not too bad (to go fishing and mountain biking lol)

I know Wimborne roughly- A mate recently moved there so i spent a week around the place, i never realised it had a carp lake or two tucked away!

Hey mate, I've just moved to Wimborne a months ago. I think the lake you mean is Whitemoor lakes. It does have fish to 30lb but it also has alot of small fish. I fished a night and had nothing above 6/7lb and ended up reeling in at midnight....

I haven't managed to find get round to exploring many more but Longham lake looks interesting but tough.... :?

• 2 weeks later...